First Texas Homes
As one of the largest privately held home builders in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, First Texas Homes has been helping customers obtain quality residential homes for 30 years. Backed by over 45 years of experience, First Texas Homes has developed a stellar reputation throughout the state.
Moving into a new home, especially if you are coming from a smaller space or have never owned a home before, can be challenging. These tips will help to smooth the transition.
1. Create a list of what you own, and consider what else you may need to turn your new house into a home. You won’t necessarily need to buy these items right away, but you can start budgeting and saving for them.
2. Families should consider setting up a chores list to help with the general upkeep and maintenance the home requires. Youngsters can be rewarded for carrying out their duties in whatever way parents see fit.
3. Keep saving money, as you will now be responsible for any repairs or maintenance the property requires. This can come as a shock to those who have moved from rented accommodations. Develop a budget the covers your expenditures, and try to put a little aside each month so you are always prepared.
First Texas Homes
With more than 45 years of combined experience, the professionals at First Texas Homes help local families find or design their ideal home. First Texas Homes offers a wide selection of beautiful floor plans, and is happy to work with clients who prefer to make customizations to their new living space.
When deciding on a floor plan for a new home, it is important to consider the needs of your family, both today and in the future. Contemplate the following tips to get the most out of your biggest investment.
1. What are your ideas about aesthetics and use of space?
Some families prefer compartmentalized layouts, featuring many private rooms with doors and walls. Others enjoy a modern, open layout where rooms flow together with little separation. Think about how your family likes to work and play when making this decision.
2. Would your family do better in a single-level or multi-story home?
Families who need to take mobility needs into consideration may prefer a sprawling, single-level home. On the other hand, large families with a need for space may select a multi-story arrangement in order to achieve a smaller physical footprint.
3. How important is privacy to your family? Where is that privacy most important?
Some families like to have all of their bedrooms tucked away together, far from the front door. Others prefer to have the master bedroom away from rooms where guests and children spend their time. Determine in which areas you value quiet and privacy most, and plan accordingly.
First Texas Homes is a new-home builder with several residential communities near Houston, the state’s largest city. Since Houston is home to many Fortune 500 companies and has a broad industrial presence, many corporate professionals relocate to the Houston area. Those interested in a newly built home will want to consider First Texas Homes.
When relocating to Houston, new residents need to familiarize themselves with the essentials of living in the Lone Star state. New state residents must acquire a new Texas state driver’s license and car registration within 30 days of moving into Texas. In Houston, residents can choose an electricity company from several competitors. While AT&T is the primary telecommunications provider and Comcast is the major cable company, other choices exist for consumers who want to shop around.
Relocation can be exciting and challenging. By choosing a comfortable new Houston-area home, and learning a few basic facts about getting established, new Houston residents can start enjoying their new community right away.
Be sure to ask your First Texas Homes sales professional about the many exciting benefits of living in a new First Texas Home, as well as the exciting recreational activities available in the Greater Houston area.